Church Group CPR Training
Register Online Below or Call: 1.877.531.2226
As a place of worship, you know how important it is to be prepared for every situation that might arise (be it in the sanctuary, foyer, classroom or nursery).
Church Group CPR, AED and Basic First Aid Course Description
Attentive Safety CPR and Safety Training provides Church Group CPR, AED and Basic First Aid Training at your location for groups of 10 or more people.
Church Group CPR, AED and Basic First Aid Training prepares students to provide First Aid, CPR, and automated external defibrillator (AED) use in a safe, timely, and effective manner. With our 1:1 Student/ Manikin Ratio this course takes approximately 2 hours 45 minutes to complete. Course length may extend an additional hour if you'd like the optional Child/ Infant module.
After successfully completing Church Group CPR, AED and Basic First Aid Training, students should be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuer
- *Child and infant modules are optional.