Classroom Course with an American Heart Association Instructor
Register Online Below or Call: 1.877.531.2226
Do You Need First Aid? You can also get your First Aid Certification during this course by adding the AHA First Aid Skills Session from the menu above. Click here to register and complete the HeartCode® First Aid for $20.00, print the completion certificate and bring it with you on the day of the course. First Aid Skills Session Cost $65.
BLS Renewal Course Schedule
Classes held 7 days a week:
BLS Renewal Course Cost
(Payment must be received at least 24 hours prior to class time or $25 Walk-In fee applies. Please call for availability first.)
BLS Renewal Course Length
Approximately 1 hour to complete, including skills practice and skills testing.
2015 Guidelines: Open Resource Exams FAQ
As part of the new education methodologies, the AHA has adopted an open-resource policy for exams administered online through an eLearning course and in a classroom-based course. Learn more about Open Resource Exams and the rationale behind them here.
BLS Renewal Course Description
Attentive Safety CPR and Safety Training's BLS Renewal Course is for current BLS providers who need to renew their BLS skills and BLS Provider course completion card. The BLS Renewal is a video-based, Instructor-led course that features accelerated content that is designed for learners with existing BLS knowledge, allowing for time efficiency while teaching both single-rescuer and team BLS skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings.
Attentive Safety CPR and Safety Training's BLS Renewal Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. It includes adult, child, and infant rescue techniques. Attentive Safety CPR and Safety Training's BLS Renewal Course also teaches relief of choking. BLS teaches skills using the AHA’s research-proven Practice-While-Watching technique, which allows Instructors to observe the students, provide feedback and guide the students’ acquisition of skills.
After successfully completing the BLS Renewal Course, students should be able to
• Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
• Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival
• Apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
• Describe the importance of early use of an AED
• Demonstrate the appropriate use of an AED
• Provide effective ventilation by using a barrier device
• Perform high-quality CPR for a child
• Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
• Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation
• Perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
• Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an adult or child
• Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an infant
BLS Renewal Course Tests