Classroom Course with an American Heart Association Instructor
Register Online Below:
BLS Renewal Course Description
Attentive Safety CPR and Safety Training's BLS Renewal Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. It includes adult, child, and infant rescue techniques. Attentive Safety CPR and Safety Training's BLS Renewal Course also teaches relief of choking.
After successfully completing the BLS Renewal Course, students should be able to
• Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
• Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival
• Apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
• Describe the importance of early use of an AED
• Demonstrate the appropriate use of an AED
• Provide effective ventilation by using a barrier device
• Perform high-quality CPR for a child
• Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
• Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation
• Perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
• Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an adult or child
• Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an infant
BLS Renewal Course Estimated Time
Course taught using 1:1 Student to Instructor Ratio
(Based on 6:1 Student
to Instructor Ratio)
Approx. 2 hours and 50 minutes using renewal* course agenda
Successful completion is based on achievement of the core learning objectives rather than a prescribed instruction time.
BLS Renewal Course Tests
You will be using your BLS Provider Manual throughout the course.
BLS Renewal Course Cost
(Payment must be received at least 24 hours prior to class time or $25 Walk-In fee applies. Please call for availability first if paying less than 24 hours.)
2015 Guidelines: Open Resource Exams FAQ
As part of the new education methodologies, the AHA has adopted an open-resource policy for exams administered online through an eLearning course and in a classroom-based course. Learn more about Open Resource Exams and the rationale behind them here.
BLS Provider Card
BLS Renewal is a credentialed course.
Providers who successfully complete the BLS course receive a course completion card valid for two years.